Skip to main content
Work with the NEU
Government ‘ignored’ dozens of companies that offered to produce PPE for the NHS, Labour reveals
The party says 36 firms told them their offers of PPE to the government ‘have not received a reply’
Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster Michael Gove

DOZENS of British companies offering massive quantities of personal protective equipment (PPE) to the NHS have been “ignored” by the government, Labour revealed today.

Shadow cabinet-office minister Rachel Reeves wrote to her government counterpart, Michael Gove, last weekend to express  concern about the shortage of PPE for health and care workers.

Since then, 36 named firms had approached Labour to say their offers of PPE to the government “have not received a reply,” she said.

The 95th Anniversary Appeal
Support the Morning Star
You have reached the free limit.
Subscribe to continue reading.
Similar stories
Job & Talent agency bin workers during protest, organised by Unite the Union, as they march to Council House in Victoria Square, Birmingham, on the first day of strike action by refuse workers employed by the company, December 1, 2025
Birmingham Bin Workers' Strike / 30 January 2026
30 January 2026

Megapicket to shut down Birmingham’s refuse sites