Skip to main content
Work with the NEU
Britain condemned for launching ‘largest raid so far on Yemen’
‘The violent repercussions of Israel’s war on Gaza are spreading across the Middle East, threatening a much wider conflict,’ Stop the War says
A Royal Air Force Typhoon FGR4 takes off to carry out air strikes against Houthi military targets in Yemen, from RAF Akrotiri, Cyprus, January 22, 2024

BRITAIN faced condemnation today after carrying out further bombing raids with the US over Yemen.

Royal Air Force jets took part in a second wave of joint US-British action against Houthi forces on Monday night after the movement’s attacks on shipping in the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden continued.

Four RAF Typhoons and a pair of Voyager tankers were involved in the latest action.

The 95th Anniversary Appeal
Support the Morning Star
You have reached the free limit.
Subscribe to continue reading.
Similar stories
An explosion at the Sanaa International Airport compound during what the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen said were several Saudi airstrikes in Sanaa, Yemen, July 13, 2026
Middle East / 14 August 2026
14 August 2026
Middle East war / 7 August 2026
7 August 2026
The president of the Yemen's Southern Transitional Council Aidarous Al-Zubaidi sits for an interview, September 22, 2023, in New York
Middle East / 7 January 2026
7 January 2026