A FAR-RIGHT Israeli lawmaker in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s coalition publicly advocated for killing “30 to 40” people in Gaza each night.
Minister of National Security Itamar Ben-Gvir made the statement while speaking to a former Gaza-held hostage, Rom Braslavski, on his podcast.
The two were discussing Israel’s recovery from the Hamas attack of October 7 2023, when Mr Ben-Gvir slammed Israel’s recent reduction of strikes in Gaza.
“It’s no secret, I disagree with the prime minister,” he said.
“I think targeted assassinations should be carried out in Gaza, taking down 30 to 40 every night. Not just those who pose an immediate threat — there are people there who are not worthy of life. They shouldn’t live.”
He added: “They’re not even people.”
In the past, similar statements by Mr Ben-Gvir and other Israeli officials were widely condemned. Many have been presented to the United Nations world court as evidence of genocidal intent.
Israel denies it has committed genocide in Gaza.
Its domestic media has barely mentioned the statement, highlighting how once-fringe ideologies like Mr Ben-Gvir’s are surging in the lead-up to Israeli elections on October 27.
The far-right minister, who has been banned in more than 10 countries, including France, Belgium, Spain, Britain, Canada and Australia, does not have power over the country’s military and cannot order strikes on Gaza.
But he does have substantial control over key parts of Israel’s security apparatus, running the country’s prisons, where thousands of Palestinians from Gaza and the West Bank are incarcerated, as well as the national police force.
Mr Ben-Gvir has previously boasted of lessening food rations for Palestinian prisoners. Israel’s top court ruled in 2025 that the prison service under his control was depriving Palestinians of a minimum subsistence diet.
In the same taped appearance, Mr Ben-Gvir called for mass emigration of Palestinians from Gaza — a proposal that international lawyers say amounts to ethnic cleansing.
During the interview Mr Ben-Gvir said: “I see all of Gaza as ours.
“Settlements not just in Gush Katif but throughout Gaza, encouraging as much emigration as possible, sending them to their countries, and for the terrorists, no emigration, nothing, just to kill them one by one.”
The comments come after the killing of more than 73,000 Palestinians by the Israelis during its retaliation to the October 7 2023 attack by Hamas on its allies during which around 1,200 people were killed and more than 240 taken hostage.
Given the recent rejection of peace proposals by Israel the world must provide an immediate and resolute response to force accountability on Gaza, argues RAMZY BAROUD
While international actors discuss governance and reconstruction, Netanyahu has made it clear that Israel has no intention of ending its military occupation, says RAMZY BAROUD



